Assistant Science Editor - Remote Position
As part of the Creative Services team, the Assistant Science Editor will play a pivotal role in supporting LabX Media Group in meeting client content needs and developing research resources for our readers. In collaboration with our design and video production teams, the Assistant Science Editor will conceptualize and develop custom content to meet customer marketing and messaging needs, educate our readers, and support our sales staff in meeting their goals. The Assistant Science Editor will be responsible for the entire life cycle of custom projects, from concepting, drafting, developing, managing, editing, proofing, publishing, and tracking results on a number of platforms.
- Research and develop high-quality content including educational articles, video scripts and storyboards, posters and infographics, podcasts, webinars, and other projects
- Interpret and communicate scientific literature
- Guide designers and videographers in producing scientifically accurate products
- Propose new initiatives and custom content products
- Adapt writing style and tone to match customer expectations
- Manage projects in a changing and deadline-driven environment
- Stay up to date with the changing needs and interests of scientific researchers
- Develop relationships and manage verbal and written communications with scientists, clients, the editorial team, and The Scientist’s sales representatives
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
- Communicate well with a remote team
- Adapt to rapidly shifting priorities, frequently changing within a single day
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, research, and analytical skills
Education & Experience:
- PhD in the life sciences
- Experience with academic and non-academic scientific writing and editing for different audiences
- Adept at interviewing and communicating with scientists
Additional Optional Experience:
- Experience working in a client-facing role
- Experience with scientific marketing
- Experience with graphic design/scientific art
- Experience with working remotely with a team
- Salary will commesurate with experience
- Participation in the company benefits after a vesting period
- Please note that this is a remote position that will require the successful candidate to work from a home office.
Please send an email with your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.