Business Systems Analyst
LabX Media Group is a science media company that produces monthly print publications and hosts a variety of digital media platforms and websites. We are an organization that is in high growth mode, both organic as well as through a full spectrum of acquisitions. We have been named to the Globe and Mail's 2021 Top Growing Companies list and the PROFIT 500: Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies list for 6 years running and are one of only a few companies in all of Simcoe County.
LabX Media Group is hiring a Business Systems Analyst. This role will support our technical project strategy by acting as the liason between business and technology, evaluating the IT/Web Development teams' processes and performance to support corporation needs.
- Evaluating corporation needs, internal workflows and business processes
- Oversee detailed business analysis and process reengineering projects
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and IT leaders to create and implement new processes
- Interpreting complex data and business metrics for relevant stakeholders
- Documenting business process modeling activities for future reference
- Strong skills in change management deployment in an organization deep knowledge of process management during tech rollouts
- Works closely with Product Development Managers foresee how new feature or products may impact the business workflow process and/or create operational challenges
- Identify project barriers and recommend process-based solutions that can mitigate unplanned downtime, eliminate productivity losses and maximize IT spending
- Responsible for the successful adoption of changed processes, products, and technologies in the organization, work with business units to understand change management needs
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as engineering, business
- Subject Matter Expert in Business and Technology analysis, processes
- Proven experience acting as liason between business and technology in a corporate setting
- Ability to execute against defined objectives both tactically and strategically
- Ability to communicate the results of analyzes clearly and effectively
- Experience working closely web development and technology teams
- Data driven and able to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience delivering and scaling processes in a technical and dynamic environment which requires a combination strategic, analytical, product, technical and operational acumen
To apply, please submit your application directly through our recruitment platform at: https://labx.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=58&source=aWQ9MjE%3D
This position is a remotely-based, full time position and is open to all eligable Canadian candidates. Preference will be given to candidates within the Eastern Time Zone.
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.