IT Support Administrator
LabX Media Group is currently looking for a full-time IT Support Administrator to join our growing IT department. Reporting directly to the IT Director, this individual will provide technical assistance to computer system users and assist in managing service desk requests. Responding to technical issues and questions both in person and via telephone concerning computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- First point of contact (Tier 1) to customers for all types of service requests that come in by phone, e-mail or via our ticket management portal (JIRA)
- Triage service requests with priority/urgency status including resolution time frame
- Continuous communication of the status of the service request including changes and solution options
- Setting up and administering user accounts and system assets
- Loading software images on desktops and laptops including the configuration of MS Windows, MS Office, VPN, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve first level issues with user provided iOS & Android mobile devices
- Review systems logs and create tickets as issues are identified.
- Participate in research projects to develop new solutions that support future growth of the organization
- Resolve client issues regarding MS Windows (all versions), MS Office (all versions), MS Outlook, MacOS, VPN and File & Printer Services
- Installation of new hardware or exchange defective components on servers and workstations.
- Open service requests and resolve issues with technical support professionals from application/hardware vendors.
- Liaise with other service providers in order to acquire and address system requirements/issues.
- Schedule technical resources on JIRA
- 2+ years’ experience in system administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- LAN networking (Cabling, switch configuration, etc)
- WAN routers (home WiFi routers, commercial routers)
- Basic PC configuration (hardware and software, connecting to networks (wired & wireless)
- Experience with VMware is beneficial
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Diploma in Computer Systems Networking or a related field
- MTA or MCSA, CCENT or CCNA, or A+ Certifications would be an asset
Please send an email with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is located in Midland, ON. Ideal candidates will be from the Midland and surrounding area, or within driving distance.
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.