Jr. Sales Representative
Are you looking for a new career opportunity that includes comprehensive training in a sales environment that will equip you with the essential skills to become a great Sales Account Manager? Are you excited by the opportunity to work in an organization that is in high growth mode, with a focus on science and digital media publishing? This may be the position for you!
LabX Media Group is hiring a Jr. Sales Representative to join our LabX sales team, the successful candidate is someone who thrives on new opportunities and is ready to learn all aspects of an Account Manager’s role. The Jr. Sales Representative can expect 6-8 weeks of initial hands-on training on our Customer Experience and eCommerce platform functions, progressing into sales duties.
Our sales team works with professional B2B science marketers and industrial and scientific equipment business owners to identify their marketing needs and develop custom quotes and secure business through a consultative and relationship sale. Our team is responsible for achieving revenue targets by maintaining long-lasting relationships with our existing customer base and developing new customer accounts. Specific measurements include service levels, customer satisfaction, customer product mix, eCommerce, competitive set, new business acquisition, and possible tradeshow attendance.
Initial 2-months on the Job:
Learning customer experience and sales administration functions including: customer service phones, emails, product entry, product/category terminology, HubSpot, intro to sales orders and NetSuite CRM, etc. to build up sales acumen.
Eventual Sales Duties:
- Initiate and maintain contact with clients, perform outbound calls to proactively develop a specified customer base and prospect incremental business in order to attain growth objectives
- Focus on attaining monthly sales goals, customer communication (“success”) while maintaining and expanding program mix and customer base
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Communicate special offers, promotions and new advertising vehicles to customers
- Develop and organize meetings, prepare and attend tradeshows/events/seminars to enhance client relationships held
- Assess characteristics of products or services and advise on the advertising needs/analysis of competitive landscape
- Prepare reports, briefs, statistics and presentations
- Work closely with the fulfillment team to execute customer programs
- Review client success and ensure programs are meeting client expectations
- Identify opportunities to grow customer programs based on their changing needs and new program launches
- Back up other sales teams if coverage is needed
- Compile reports to the manager regarding goals achieved, target accounts and meetings
- Organize territory sales operations
- Degree or Diploma in a Science field (chemistry, physics, biology, psychology, etc.), Advertising, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in sales and marketing, a focus on advertisement or media sales is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including professional correspondence over the phone and email and a high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of various science and/or laboratory equipment is an asset, but not required
- The ideal candidate will be hard working, positive, goal oriented, analytical, detailed and organized
- Occasional travel to the US for industry tradeshows, conferences and client meetings as your career progresses
- A passport is not a prerequisite for application but will be eventually required for periodic travel
To apply, please send an email with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is located in Midland, ON. Ideal candidates will be from the Midland and surrounding area, or within driving distance.
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.