LabX Media Group is an organization that is in high growth mode. One of the few corporations in all of Simcoe County named as PROFIT 500: Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies list for 6 years running. Lots of exciting things going on with our company and here is an opportunity to be a part of it!
We are seeking a Magento/eCommerce Developer to join our development team. Working closely with the Product Development Manager and fellow development team members, the successful candidate will utilize their Magento expertise to work on all aspects of web application development on our eCommerce site including design, planning, information architecture, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Lead role in the development of eCommerce Magento applications
- Prototype and build web-based applications and custom features using sound programming standards and working with other members of our team
- Enhance and support existing sites, suggest improvement strategies
- Create professional web applications and services that interact efficiently and securely with databases (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Drive innovation by collaborating with team members creating new technological ideas and concepts
- Expert knowledge of and experience working with Magento, PHP, MySQL (minimum 2 years)
- Experience in developing or modifying Magento components to support API extension
- Experience in creating components that introduce new functionality in Magento CORE or extend third party plugins
- Experience with optimization for high volumes of traffic on Magento based websites
- 3-5 years of related development experience in professional commercial projects
- 2+ years experience working in an Agile development environment and knowledge of Agile Scrum software development methodology (JIRA)
- Experience with Magento with headless application architecture is considered valuable asset
- Knowledge of source control (such as GIT) and standard development environments is an asset
- Excellent and demonstrative problem-solving capabilities, task estimation and prioritization skills
- Good understanding of SEO best-practices
- Interest in the latest trends in UI/UX web application design
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to explain project strategy, requirements and updates to both technical and non-technical staff involved on projects
Please send an email with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are open to considering both in-office (Midland, ON) or remote work. Preferred full-time, permanent employment however we can consider full-time contract employment as well.
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.