Software Developer/Data Quality Specialist
We are seeking a software developer to work with our technology team to build an application that gathers product and inventory data from our client websites to store in our marketplace.
In the process of developing these components, you will become familiar with eCommerce and inventory management and assist with continued development of these tools. Parsing data for normalization and categorization will enhance the quality of our data and improve overall customer experience and website engagement metrics.
- Develop and implement a high-performance web-crawler
- Work with API’s and spreadsheets
- Interface public-facing filters on our scientific eCommerce Marketplace
- Managing the Solr Search platform
- Custom development and/or customizing existing third-party applications
- Assist in the continued development of eCommerce and inventory management tools
- Analysing data for normalization and categorization
Skills & Requirements:
- Solid understanding of fundamental data structures and algorithms
- MySQL or MSSQL databases and data collection
- Data mining, data visualization or machine learning experience is super helpful
- Proficiency in SQL and possibly one of the following languages: Python, R, Orange or related languages
- Any knowledge in the following is a plus: Node.js, PHP, React, or Magento
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- An impeccable eye for details
- Self-starter and proactive
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- University Degree is preferred
Please include a link to your GitHub or some code samples with your application.
Please send an email with your resume to: email@example.com.
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.