The Technical Editor will play a role developing editorial and managing website content for our lab equipment digital marketplace, LabX.com. Our website is a unique online marketplace which enables shopping for laboratory products and scientific instrumentation. We connect buyers and sellers, and the content you create will extend these products and build interest for our shoppers. A science degree is important and any hands-on experience with lab products is a great start.
This role reports to our LabX Editorial Director and will help execute the editorial strategy. This role will develop unique product content with maximized SEO-friendly techniques to build traffic and audience engagement (How to Buy Guides, Trends in Equipment, Popular Products, etc.)
We are ideally looking for a candidate that is resourceful and well-written, with a keen interest in how things work.
- Support our editorial strategy for the websites by writing and curating unique product centric content for our website; writing, editing, posting
- Identify content to drive traffic on our websites and in our e-newsletters, using analytics to measure success and make improvements
- Work with clients to produce sponsored and value-added content, manage press releases, support programs, etc.
- Interview and communicate directly with the LabX customer base via phone and email to identify advancements in technology and write about new product releases
- Create and deploy product surveys, engagement emails, and more
- Edit and proofread content for our websites (articles, sales literature, etc.)
- Perform general website administrative functions and content management
- Work closely with the LabX Editorial Director to implement all aspects of the communication and editorial plan
A proficient writer who is resourceful and has a keen interest in how things work. You must be able to communicate well with your team who are distributed in remote offices across North America, and with corporate clients by email and phone. Be comfortable with shifting priorities, and be organized to push projects along by communicating with key stakeholders and departments. Strong problem solving, written/verbal communication, time management, interpersonal, and analytical skills are required.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of a Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in a science field
- 1-3 years in a corporate environment or business setting; preference to science communications; laboratory experience, digital media; writing, journalism, or similar professional experience
- Experience working with clients and customers
- Exposure to or a general level of interest in science instrumentation is an asset
- Both academic and non-academic scientific/technical writing experience are also assets
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Participation in company benefits after the vesting period