As part of the Creative Services team, the Technical Editor will play a pivotal role in supporting the Lab Products Group in meeting client content needs. This position will be tasked with conceptualizing and developing custom content for our customers, in concert with our production teams. This role will play a part in building communication opportunities that drive unique content and increase traffic to the websites. This role is a blend of coordination and support of digital media/creative solutions production; some writing, editing, and basic website administrative functions and content management.
We are ideally looking for a candidate that has outstanding coordination and relationship building skills, is resourceful, has a creative flair, and that ultimately has a keen interest in the science field.
- Research & develop high-quality content including educational articles, video scripts & storyboards, quizzes, and graphic layout & copy
- Coordinate with the editorial team, freelance writers, and art department staff for the creation of technical articles, eBooks and infographics, to bring written ideas to life focused on trends in scientific instruments and laboratory products.
- Maintain the production calendar and scheduling of digital events
- Create, post and update the website with webcast descriptions, videos, audio clips, and other material
- Schedule and conduct calls to obtain speaker photos and bios for updating website and marketing materials
- Develop creative concepts for custom content
- Adapt writing style & tone to match customer expectations
- Record webinars and edit, test and archive all productions
You may also:
- Interpret and communicate scientific literature
- Assist in content promotion efforts via HubSpot
- Be aware of best practices and industry trends
- Utilize analytics software and tools to generate reports
You must be able to communicate well with a remote team (via voice and text communications) and, eventually, with clients during project kickoff or troubleshooting calls. Be comfortable with rapidly shifting priorities, frequently changing within a single day, and be able to confidently park a project to come back to it at a later date. The pace of our projects is swift, so you must be able to assess your preparation level, seek out any needed source material, and start work as soon as possible. Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, research, and analytical skills are required.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of a Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma
- 1-3 years in a corporate environment or business setting; preference to science communications; digital media; writing, journalism, or similar professional experience
- Exposure to or a general level of interest in science considered an asset
- Experience dealing with various clients and customers Experience with both academic and non-academic scientific/technical writing is an asset
- Experience with graphic design/scientific art is an asset, but not essential
- Experience with working remotely with a team is an asset, but not essential
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Participation in company benefits after the vesting period
Please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.