Web Developer - Remote Opportunity
LabX Media Group is a science media company that produces monthly print publications and hosts a variety of digital media platforms and websites.
We are an organization that is in high growth mode, both organic as well as through a full spectrum of acquisitions. We have been named to the PROFIT 500: Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies list for 6 years running and are one of only a few companies in all of Simcoe County.
There are lots of exciting things going on with our company and here is an opportunity to be a part of it!
LabX Media Group's marketing department is currently looking for a Web Developer to join our team in a technical capacity. Reporting to the director of marketing, you will be involved in all aspects of web application development and integration, including design, planning, information architecture, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Assist with the development of new web applications from concept to launch
- Work with other developers and the marketing department to build and maintain custom integrations between a wide variety of web applications.
- Pull and manipulate data from 3rd party applications to form custom reports and enhance marketing tools.
- Create professional web applications, services and specialized marketing intelligence reports that interact efficiently and securely with databases (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Drive innovation by collaborating with team members creating new technological ideas and concepts
- Enhance and support existing reporting features, marketing integrations, and automated applications.
- 2 to 4 years of corporate working experience
- Experience working in a related web developer role is an asset
- Preferred background knowledge or experience with PHP, Node.js, React, SQL Queries
- Knowledge of source control (such as GIT) and standard development environments
- Excellent and demonstrative problem-solving capabilities
- Good task estimation and prioritization skills
- A strong interest in web analytics and concepts such as heatmapping, A/B testing, dashboarding, and conversion rate optimization.
- Experience with platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar, Zapier, or Postman considered an asset.
- Interest in the latest trends in UI/UX web application design.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is based in Midland, ON and the ideal candidate will be located in Midland or the surrounding area.
LabX Media Group is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.